1. In these terms and conditions 'EPS T I LTD means EPS Trenchless Installations Ltd.
'Customer' means the customer whose name is on the estimate, contractor invoice.
2. All quotations/estimates and contracts are accepted on these terms. Unless agreed in writing and signed by the customer and an authorised person on behalf of EPS T I LTD, these terms and conditions cannot be varied and override any other terms stipulated or inferred by the customer whether in negotiations or the instructions between the customer and EPS T I LTD.
Quotations are valid for 60 days from the date on the quotation form. Quotations are subject to withdrawal at any time before receipt of qualified instructions from the customer. After 60 days the customer must request a new quotation. Quotations are prepared using a combination of company models, hourly rates and price per meter of pipe laid.
a) In certain situations, with prior notification, a call out fee of £50.00 +Vat to £100.00 + Vat may be charged to the Customer where EPS T I LTD attend premises in order to prepare an estimate. This call out fee will be deducted from the price payable.
b) Any extra charges incurred by EPS T I LTD while carrying out works will be passed onto, and charged to the customer/client e.g. parking fines if adequate arrangements or permits not provided. This will be added to the quote / invoice in addition to the quotes price.
4. The work to be performed will be specified in our quotation and forms the basis of the contract. If however, on closer inspection, the work takes longer and/or involves the use of more materials than originally anticipated, EPS T I LTD reserves the right to increase the quote. If this happens:
a) EPS T I LTD will notify the customer in writing as soon as reasonably possible.
b) A new quotation will be prepared at the revised price and be signed by the customer and EPS T I LTD. This quotation will then replace the original quotation.
c) If the customer no longer wishes to proceed with the work at the new price, they agree to notify EPS T I LTD in writing.
d) If the customer does not wish to proceed with the work at the new price EPS T I LTD will charge the customer for any materials used and time spent on the job.
e) Any additional days will be charged at a rate of £350.00 + VAT per day.
5. EPS T I LTD requires a deposit of 30% before commencement of any work over the value of £20,000.00 this can be paid by bank transfer, debit or credit card. We also accept cheques made payable to Eps Trenchless Installations Ltd (EPS T I LTD)
a) Invoices will be submitted to the customer on completion of the work and payment should be made to us on completion, unless otherwise agreed in writing (see below clause 6e).
b) The price payable will be the amount of the quotation or revised quotation, whichever is dated.
c) EPS T I LTD accepts, bank transfer, credit/debit card payment or cheque made payable to Eps Trenchless Installations Ltd (EPS T I LTD)
d) EPS T I LTD will retain legal ownership of all materials until payment has been received in full. Title of all materials will pass to the customer on receipt of payment.
e) At our sole discretion payment may be made within 30 days of the date of the invoice, this must be agreed in writing. If unpaid these invoices will be subject to late payment charges (see below clause 7).
d) New connections only.
Eps Trenchless Installations Ltd will issue the Water Regulations Certificate (TAPS5) once we have received payment in full)
7. In the event that an invoice remains unpaid after 30 days it will become subject to the following charges.
a) An interest charge equal to 2% of the total amount of the invoice will be charged on a daily basis from the date of the invoice until full settlement is made.
b) A late payment administration charge of £30.00 + VAT
c) For each 'Late payment letter' we send we reserve the right to charge an additional fee of £15.00 +VAT
d) In the event of a returned cheque we reserve the right to charge the late payment charges in clauses 7a, 7b, 7c plus £15.00 + VAT for processing and administration. These charges will date from the date of the invoice where 30 day terms have not been agreed beforehand in writing. If 30 day terms have been agreed in writing; the charges in clauses 7a, 7b, 7c will date from 30 days from the date of the invoice.
Limitations of Liability
8. Whilst EPS T I LTD will try to complete within the work in the dates specified for the commencement and completion of the work, they are estimates only and do not form part of the contract between EPS T I LTD and the customer. EPS T I LTD will not be held liable by the customer if it should be impractical to start or carry out the work due to events beyond our control such as lack of access, lock-out, industrial disputes, vehicle breakdowns or acts of God.
9. EPS T I LTD does not accept responsibility for any rust or limescale deposits that may occasionally be loosened in the customers' existing pipework when we restore full water pressure after laying or working on pipework. This beyond our control and is sometimes a natural consequence of high pressure water flowing through older pipework.
a) EPS T I LTD Contractors are only responsible for the pipework being installed or worked on directly by our engineers. Any other pipework or problems which may arise from existing pipework will remain the responsibility of the customer / property owner.
10. Where EPS T I LTD is required to reinstate the existing ground covering, EPS T I LTD will endeavour to match it but cannot guarantee that the shade or colouring of the replaced ground covering will match the surrounding ground covering. This is unavoidable because of the age difference between the newer materials used and the older materials in the existing surface.
11. EPS T I LTD will not be responsible for resurfacing again if ground conditions exist that prevent water from the leaking pipe from draining away properly causing the newly laid surface to settle later once the ground dries out.
12. EPS T I LTD will implement all health and safety measures required to protect our customers and ourselves but will not be held liable if injury occurs to the customer or a third party if those health and safety measures are ignored.
13. EPS T I LTD guarantees completed work for 20 years. This guarantee applies only to the pipework EPS T I LTD has laid. (Full supply pipe relays only*)
14. This guarantee does not cover defects due to misuse or faults caused by the customer or any other third party working for the customer. The guarantee is rendered void by any further work carried out on the pipework by contractors or any other third party other than EPS T I LTD.
15. The guarantee does not cover any accidental damage caused over time by such things as tree roots, faulty water company meters units, ground slip or subsidence.
16. We reserve the right to withhold the guarantee if after repairing/laying the pipework we feel that further work is required to prevent a future fault and the customer does not wish to proceed.
Thank you for taking the time to read our terms and conditions.